* The Franchising industry employs over 8 million people in the US.
* The annual payroll for franchises is more than $229 billion.
* A new franchise is 2.5 times more likely to succeed than a non-franchised business.
* Franchising generated more than 18 million jobs for Americans , one out of every seven jobs in the private sector.
* Franchising produces $1.53 trillion in total economic output
* Franchising consists of over 760,000 establishments
* Did you also know that more than 50% of retail and service revenue in the United States come from franchised businesses?
* The franchise industry is a huge part of our national and local economy.
* One out of every 12 businesses is a franchised business.
* In 2000, the median gross annual income, before taxes, of franchisees was in the $75,000 to $124,000 range, with over 30% of franchisees earning over $150,000 per year.
* One new franchised business is opened every 8 minutes of every business day.
* The newest IFA study says that franchising is responsible for 760,000 businesses, 18 million jobs, 14 percent of the private sector employment, over $500 billion in payroll!!
* Franchise businesses account for almost 50% of all retail sales in the United States and Canada.
* Franchise businesses employ more than 8.6 million Americans
* A 1999 study by The U.S. Chamber of Commerce found that 86% of franchises opened within the last five years were still under the same ownership and 97% of them were still open for business.
* A United States department of commerce study conducted from 1971 to 1997 showed that during that time less than 5% franchise businesses were shut down each year.
* Compare that to a U.S. Small Business Administration study conducted from 1978 to 1998, which found that 62% of non franchised businesses closed within the first 6 years of their existence due to failure or bankruptcy.
* Total sales by franchised businesses are expected to reach over $2 trillion, this year.
* 1 out of every 12 business is a franchise operation.
* A new franchise business is opened every 8 minutes of every business day.
* In 2000, the median gross annual income, before taxes, of franchisees was in the $74,000 to $125,000 range, with over 30% of franchisees earning over $149,000 per year.
As reported on Franchiseek.com
One thought on “Franchising in the USA – Facts and Figures”
Comments are closed.