From professional athletes to high-tech programmers, every career requires different talents. However, what makes a career in the franchising industry different is that the skills to successfully lead do not have to be acquired through rigorous training or years of schooling.
Instead, success in franchise leadership can come to anyone who is determined, dedicated and willing to invest in their personal development—and will pay off tremendously by developing a network of franchisees who respect your leadership traits. Below are the skills a franchisor should focus on to become great leaders and successful business owners:
- Consistency: As a franchisor, your franchisees will be looking up to you. Being consistent and following through on your word will let them know that they have a leader they can count on.
- Planning: Your franchisees are invested in the business, so it’s natural that they will want to know where it is headed. Make sure to plan ahead and share your vision with your employees, too.
- Support: As a franchisor, everyone in the organization is your team member—meaning you have a vital role as a pillar of support and encouragement.
- Positivity: Focus on creating a positive space for your franchisees. This will help strengthen your bond and let them know you have their back.
- Respect: Every franchisee makes mistakes—it’s just a part of the business. Making sure your franchisees know you still respect them even when they slip up will go a long way.
- Face Time: You can’t be expected to visit every franchise location every day. However, the occasional drop-in will help you learn more about the day-to-day operations and struggles of each individual location—and let them know you’re invested in solving their problems.
- Passion: Franchising means getting to work with talented, passionate colleagues who love what they do. Believe in the brand and believe in your franchisees—your passion will shine through and inspire them, as well.
For information to move your business or restaurant into franchising, please inquire at Acceler8Success.com.